For Food Producers
Treating waste through our anaerobic digestion process is significantly cheaper than sending it to a landfill site or a composting plant. We have developed our systems so we can process waste for around a third of the cost of sending it to landfill, ensuring that your disposal costs are greatly reduced. Nearly all food waste streams that are sent to landfill can be processed through the AD process but if you’re unsure if your waste is suitable then please get in touch.
For Local Authorities
Local authorities who separate their waste collections can help to meet their goverment targets and reduce collection costs through diverting organic waste to our AD process. Furthermore, treating municipal waste through AD demonstrates a positive approach to municipal waste management, particularly as the process is becoming more familiar with the public.
For Waste Contractors
Engaging with AD can help to attract a bigger share of the organic waste market. More and more food producers are looking to divert as much waste as possible away from landfill and are seeking contractors who are in partnership with AD plants.
- AD is around a third of the cost of disposing waste to landfill
- AD can help local authorities meet government targets
Our plants are able to take…
- Packaged Food Waste
- Process Effluent
- ‘Clean’ Process waste
- Solid Food Waste
- Food Sludge
- LA Source Segregated Waste
- Small Waste Batches (e.g. from local pubs or food producers)
- Large Waste Batches (e.g. from industrial food manufacturers)
Please get in touch if you’re unsure on whether your waste stream is suitable
Reduce the amount of waste you send to landfill and reduce your greenhouse gas emissions.
Organic waste that is sent to landfill is left to digest uncovered and the process allows methane to be released directly into the atmosphere. Methane is around 20 times more potent as a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide and therefore, pound for pound, far more harmful to the environment. The AD process captures the energy stored in the methane and turns it into useful electrical energy and heat and carbon dioxide. Furthermore the AD process ensures that vital, finite resources that are essential for plant growth are returned to land in a controlled way.
- Our process greatly reduces the amount of waste sent to landfill
- Anaerobic digestion is the only renewable technology that is scalable to meet 2020 climate change targets
- The AD process ensures essential nutrients are returned to land